Terms and Condition
This website is the property of The Kilkenny Group. All material on this website is copyright to The Kilkenny Group, and is provided solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
The Kilkenny Group,
3 New Street, Killarney,
e: [email protected]
**Please note that the above postal address is not our returns address. For returns please click here
1. Products and Pricing
We take every care to ensure that product descriptions are accurate at the time of uploading products to the website. We reserve the right to withdraw any product from the website without any prior notification. We also reserve the right to amend prices of products without prior notification. Our products are priced in Euro. When paying by credit card this is the amount which will be deducted from your debit or credit card. When purchasing products with non-Euro debit or credit cards, the exchange rates will be set by the cardholders bank. These rates fluctuate on a daily basis, for further information, cardholder should contact their bank as exchange rates are not applied by The Kilkenny Group. Purchases may be made in Sterling, US Dollars and Yen with rates adjusted daily based on the prevailing bank exchange rate.
Option A- If insurance is selected at the checkout the following Terms & conditions apply. If the product is damaged or faulty upon receipt/delivery please contact us within 24 hours of receipt. We will then process your claim immediately. You can contact us by phone on 00353214308392 or by e-mail at [email protected]
Option B -If insurance is not selected this may result in a delay in processing your claim. For delivery information click on the link provided https://www.kilkennyshop.com/delivery-information/
2. Purchasing on our site
When an order is placed on our website, you will receive a confirmation email confirming we have received your order and it is being processed. You will receive a second email from us acknowledging your order has been dispatched with a tracking number. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such.
All products are subject to availability. Our display of products on our website is an invitation and not an offer to sell those goods to you. An offer is made when you place the order for your products. If products that you order are out of stock or subject to a delay, we will try to contact you at the email address you provided when placing your order. If we cannot contact you or receive no response to our email, we will continue to process any remaining products on your order. We will not supply a replacement product without your authorisation. If you would like to cancel your order please see returns section of our website.
Please contact our Customer Service team immediately on +353 (0)21 430 8392 or email us at [email protected] if there is any breakages, damages or discrepancies with your order. This must be reported to us within 24 hours on receipt of delivery.
From time to time we offer promotions on our website. These promotions are subject to our standard terms and conditions, however, we reserve the right to change the applicable terms and conditions on a promotion by promotion basis.
Standard Terms & Conditions
Promotions are not applicable to Gift Cards, Food & Drink hampers, Alex and Ani, Mindy Brownes Interiors, Newbridge Silverware, Enibas and Alan Ardiff or sale items and are applicable on goods only, not services or shipping.
We acknowledge that our social media promotions, contests and giveaways are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
4. Returns, Refunds and Exchange Policy
Please review our returns, refund and exchanges policies at www.kilkennyshop.com/orders-and-returns
When ordering goods from our site for delivery outside Europe, your merchandise is exported free of Irish Taxes. However, all merchandise may be subject to Duty or other Taxes on importation to your own country. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from our site, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. We would like our international customers and customers dispatching products internationally to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
6. Electronic Communications
7. Gift Cards and E Gift Cards
Kilkenny Gift Cards and E Gift Cards may only be used to purchase goods and /or services from any Kilkenny Group Store (including Christy's) or Kilkenny restaurants. It is not a credit, debit or charge card and cannot be exchanged for cash. This card must be treated as cash. Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced or refunded.
To purchase a gift card which will be sent through postal / courier service please call Customer Service Team on (021) 4308392.
To purchase an E-Gift Cards, please click on this link and choose the amount you would like, add to cart and enter the email address where you wish to send this to. You will be sent an email order confirmation and a separate email containing a code and PIN number will be sent to the email entered. This e gift card can be used to purchase products online by entering the card number and pin at the checkout.
Gift Cards are currently accepted in the following locations
The Kilkenny Shop Cork City, The Kilkenny Shop Douglas, The Kilkenny Shop & Restaurant Shanagarry, The Kilkenny Shop Killarney, The Kilkenny Shop Ennis, The Kilkenny Shop Galway, The Kilkenny Shop Cashel, The Kilkenny Shop Newbridge, The Kilkenny Shop Trim, The Kilkenny Shop Swords, The Kilkenny Shop Nassau Street, The Kilkenny Shop Stillorgan, Christy's Gift Store Killarney and Christy's Gift Store Cobh.
8. Intellectual Property Rights
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged and you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in such materials.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms and Conditions, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
9. Changes to our Site
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date or inaccurate at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site and indicated delivery time is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, without limitation, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Further, nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect any of those statutory rights you have as a consumer which may not be excluded or altered.
11. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. Similarly, you may have the right to bring proceedings in your country of residence.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we may make, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
13. Links to other Sites
As a convenience to you, we may provide on our site links to websites operated by other entities. If you use these websites, you will leave our site. If you decide to visit any linked website, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. We do not warrant or represent or endorse, any linked websites or the information appearing on such website or any of the products or services described on such website. Links do not imply that we or our site sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked website is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries.
14. Prohibited Use
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions through your use of our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
We may terminate the website with or without cause at any time and same will be effective immediately. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, may terminate your account for violation of the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Click & Collect
Terms and Conditions
- When placing an order on our website you will be given the option to choose our Click and Collect service. This enables customers to order items online and collect the item instore in their chosen Kilkenny Shop.
- When placing an order using our Click and Collect service, customer cannot collect multiple items in separate stores. All items MUST BE collected from one store, chosen by you.When placing your Click and Collect Order online, you will be asked to provide payment information, agreeing that payment is processed at that time and not instore upon collection.
- You will be asked to input personal data such as your name, email and billing address. An active email and Billing address are Necessary. If you do not have an active email address, you will not be eligible to use our Click and Collect service
- Once your payment is processed you will receive a confirmation email which will include details such as your Name, Address, information on the item(s) purchased and the last four digits of the card that was used to complete the purchase.
- You will then receive your “Order is ready for Collection” email, meaning your item is ready to be collected. Please allow 1-3 days to receive this email
- Customers will have a maximum of 7 DAYS to collect their order after they receive their ‘Order is ready for Collection’ Email. After these 7 days, you will be contacted directly by the store assistant.
- Please Note you Will Not Be Permitted to pick up your click and collect order without presenting your Order Confirmation email instore. It is prohibited to allow collection of Click and Collect orders without proof of purchase.
- You may be asked for proof of identity so please bring valid ID
- If you wish for somebody to collect your order for you, they MUST have proof or purchase and Valid ID.
- All customers successfully collecting their items may be asked for their signature as proof of collection
- Once you have successfully completed the Click and Collect process, your receipt will be your order confirmation email if any problems occur.
- Please note that when an item is added to the cart it is not reserved for the customer. Items that are in the cart for a prolonged period of time may be bought by another customer.
- In the event that a purchase is made and the item is no longer available instore, the customer will be contacted directly with further information regarding if a refund is needed or if the item can be transferred from another location.
- Please note that earrings cannot be returned or exchanged
17. Email Database Sign Up Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Competition to Win a €500 Spring Wardrobe Update – prize will be in the form of a €500 Kilkenny Design gift card
- Competition is open to anyone who signs up to the email database between 1st February 2022 and 28th February 2022
- Entrants must sign up to the Kilkenny Design email newsletter database to be in with a chance to win
- Customers can sign up via kilkennyshop.com and also via Kilkenny Design social media channels (Facebook & Instagram)
- Winner selected at random week commencing 1st March 2022
- Winner will be contacted via email and prize will be sent once the winner sends back their address and contact details
18. Win Free* Flights to Ireland Competition
The Promoter is Kilkenny Design (the “Promoter”) having its place of business at 3 New Street, Killarney, Co Kerry.
Rules & Regulations:
- Duration of the promotion: The promotional period runs from 9am 1st June 2022 until midnight 31st January 2023 (the “Promotional Period”).
- The promoter will choose one winner from the promotional period.
- Each customer who signs up to the Kilkenny Design email database during the promotional period will be entered into a draw; the draw will include a combined pool of entrants across Kilkenny Design & Christy’s stores nationwide and online at kilkennyshop.com/usstore.
- Only one entry applies per customer.
- Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion.
- The competition is not open to residents in the Republic of Ireland.
- The prize consists of free flights to Ireland to the value of €3,000.
- To be eligible for the prize draw, all entrants must sign up with a valid email address to the Kilkenny Design email database and opt in to receive marketing communications. Incorrect or unverified email addresses will be disqualified.
- By entering the Prize Draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted the terms & conditions and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data. All entry instructions form part of the rules of the Prize Draw.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or goods.
- The Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Kilkenny Design will select and contact the winner via email. The winner will be notified within 30 days of the closing date of the Promotional Period. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. However, if the winner has not responded to notification within 7 days or if a selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up the Prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize will be delivered in the form of a voucher to the value of €3,000 towards the cost of airline flights. It is the sole discretion of The Promoter to amend or adjust delivery of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to choose the airline in which the flight voucher to the value of €3,000 is for.
- By participating in this draw, entrants are deemed to have accepted the Terms & Conditions and take full responsibility for additional costs that may be incurred as a direct result of winning flights to the value of €3,000 to Ireland. This includes but is not limited to food & accommodation costs, travel insurance, car hire, spending money, transfers, flight taxes and baggage fees and any additional cost that may incur outside of the stated prize value.
- The Promoters' decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoters reserve the right without prior notice to withdraw or amend the Promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
- All entrants’ data will only be processed to the extent necessary to select a winner.
- For details of the winner please send a stamped addressed envelope to Customer Service, Kilkenny Design, Churchfield, Cork stating for which competition you would like winner details.
- The Promotion is open only to Kilkenny Design customers over the age of 18.
- The Promotion is not available to staff or relatives of Kilkenny Design.
- The airline company for which flights are booked under the Prize, are not affiliated in any way with this competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment of any kind in relation to travel/flights suffered by any entrant in entering the Promotion or in connection with the Prize, including but not limited to as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize. The Promoter provides no warranty as to the fitness or condition of the Prize.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Promotion), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
- The Courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
- By participating all participants consent to take part in reasonable media activity in the event they win the Prize Draw. This includes press release coverage, TV, radio, print & social media and digital channels for Kilkenny Design,
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
For any queries regarding this Prize Draw, other than queries related to prizes, please contact Kilkenny Design Customer Service by phone on +353-21-4308392.
For any queries on Prizes, please contact [email protected]
The Kilkenny Group,
3 New Street, Killarney,
e: [email protected]
**Please note that the above postal address is not our returns address. For returns please click here