Top retirement gift ideas from Ireland
Are you looking for a retirement gift with meaning? Why not mark someone's special day with a gift from a place they feel a connection to. Give them a retirement gift filled with Irish warmth and love. When you give a thoughtful retirement gift it puts a smile on people’s faces as they know how valued they were. It can be hard to leave a company after so many years but a precious gift can uplift their mood and get them excited for their future. Now that they have more free time, travel might be on their horizon and a retirement gift with an Irish connection might just be the perfect reminder about all of the wonderful adventures that await them.
- Celebrate in style with Killarney Crystal Trinity Round Decanter Set - These beautiful decanter sets are a beautiful luxury keepsake for any whiskey connoisseur. Perhaps they will be transported to the ring of Kerry while sipping on a Jameson Whiskey from a Killarney crystal glass and be reminded of their other home across the pond.
- This elegant piece from Solvar is the perfect way to mark a special occasion. Solvar 9K Large Enamel Shamrock Charm is a retirement gift steeped in rich Irish history. The shamrock is woven into Irish culture from the ancient Druids proclaiming the shamrock had mystical powers to St Patrick using it to symbolize the Trinity. The Shamrock has become an instantly recognizable emblem of the Emerald Isle. A stunning gift for anyone with a strong connection to Ireland.
- Foxford Michael Collins Throw - If you are looking for a retirement gift with a strong link to Irish history and the Irish Civil War, then the Michael Collins Foxford throw is the ultimate gift. In early 1922, Foxford Woollen Mills presented a specially commissioned Travel Blanket to General Michael Collins to mark his appointment to Commander in Chief of the newly established Irish Army. The blanket was in his armored car at the ambush at Béal Na Bláth. Foxford Woollen Mills have reproduced the blanket and it is available to buy from the Kilkenny Shop.
- A beautiful keepsake that will last a lifetime. Waterford Giftology Lismore Gift Heart Bowl. A simple gift that will add a touch of elegance to any retiree’s home. The Giftology collection features Waterford's best crystal gifts in compelling gift boxes designed in 6 different eye-catching color schemes with opulent gold touches.
- Now that they will be spending more time at home, get them something special to add a touch of luxury to their everyday life with 'A Happy Home' Gift Box. A lovely reminder every day of how valued they were in your company. Irish designer Orla Kiely’s iconic pattern will add a splash of personality to their kitchen.
- Caulfield Country Boards - The fox collection from Caulfield Country Boards is made in Ireland using home-grown, hardwood flaming beech. Inspired by the natural Irish landscape, the Native Collection is tableware that has been lovingly hand-manufactured adorned with original artwork, it combines traditions both old and new to portray the beauty of Ireland. Every FOX board has a unique rectangular shape and grain pattern with natural bark intact.
- A work of art from Roisin O’Farrell is a stunning retirement gift to receive. Roisin is one of Ireland’s best-loved artists creating vibrant paintings using the impasto technique with a palette knife. She creates evocative scenes from Irish family life and looking at her work transports everyone back to the sense of warmth and comfort of an Irish home.
- Orla Kiely is an exciting Irish designer with an iconic brand. Her handbags are sought after and highly valued. A retirement gift with flair and personality suitable for any fashionistas that appreciate international design. The Sharpie shoulder bag from Orla Kiely is compact and elegant in black leather. As with all good quality leather bags, it'll get better with wear, making it the perfect investment piece.
For more gifting ideas check out the full range at Kilkenny Design here: Hampers & Giftsets - Irish Design | Kilkenny Shop