5 top picks of Celtic cross pendants
Celtic cross pendants are very popular in Irish jewelry design as the Celtic cross has a deep cultural tie with Irish history and folklore. In Ireland, this ancient symbol of worship dates back to around the middle ages. The pendant takes its shape from ancient lifesize monuments which can stand up to 217 inches high that remain standing to this day, largely on monastic sites in Ireland.
St. Bute was instrumental in bringing the Celtic cross into being by combining the Christian cross with the circular disc representing the pagan moon. This played a huge role in converting the largely pagan Irish population into the Christian faith with the help of St Patrick.
By combining symbolism from the pagan faith into the Christian symbol of the cross the Irish Pagans were more comfortable with the transition to Christianity.
- Those who wear a Celtic cross pendant today remember the precious heritage of Ireland. This land has always been the home of saints and scholars and what better way to stay connected to its rich a beautiful history than with a timeless piece of jewelry like the Solvar 14K Gold Emerald Cross Pendant.
- One of our favorite Celtic Cross pendants is the Solvar Celtic Green Coloured Cat Eye Cross Pendant. It is simple but eye-catching with the green-colored cat’s eyeglass on a rhodium-plated Celtic Cross. Solvar is the leading manufacturer of Irish and Celtic jewelry and they design all of their pieces in Ireland.
- The Solvar 14K Celtic Cross Pendant is a keepsake with meaning and will be cherished for years to come. It is Crafted in 14K Gold, Irish Hallmarked by the Assay Office in Dublin Castle. A stunning Celtic cross pendant that is sure to turn heads.
- If you are on the hunt for a communion or confirmation present why not try something delicate like a Newbridge Cross Pendant with Clear Stones. The elegant setting is a beautiful and modern twist on the more traditional cross pendants and would be a wonderful reminder of a special day. The precious keepsake has an anti-tarnish layer and is presented in a Newbridge Silverware gift box.
- The Solvar 9K 20Mm Engraved Celtic Cross Pendant is a precious piece for any jewelry enthusiast with a connection to Ireland. The engravings on this Celtic Cross pendant have a contemporary feel and would be a stunning addition to a precious collection. 9K Gold, Irish hallmarked by the Assay Office in Dublin Castle the quality of craftsmanship is clearly seen in this Celtic Cross pendant.
To view, the full collection of Celtic Jewelry available at Kilkenny Design click here.