10 Things we love about Shanagarry Design Centre
- All our food served in the café is locally sourced
- All our baking is freshly made daily in our baking kitchen downstairs
- The design centre is home to our in-house artists, with classes available
- Our friendly staff offer the highest levels of customer service
- We have a 180 degree view of Ballycotton lighthouse from our Terrace room in our café.
- Best restaurant in East Cork
- Characteristics of the centre include, original art works, original fireplace, exposed wooden beams and terracotta tiles throughout, also the William Penn castle is on the grounds of the Shangarry design centre – Founder of the state of Pennsylvania.
- Plenty room for the kids to ramble in our country garden, with roses, apple orchard, magnolia, and silver birch older than the building itself.
- There are many unique sculptures in the pillars of the building
- The centre is wheelchair accessible, with free WIFI and coach parking.
12 Things we love about Shanagarry and surrounding areas
- Ballycotton and Shanagarry is part of the East Cork Bird Trail, with the untouched natural surrounding land this is a sanctuary for wildlife and is home to numerous birds.
- Ballycotton lighthouse is 1 of only 3 black lighthouses in the world, and the only one in Ireland
- Ballymaloe Cookery school house and gardens
- Blue flag beach in Garryvoe, and the fabulous walks along to Ardnahinch
- Garryvoe Hotel, offers great leisure facilities, and was awarded wedding hotel venue of the year
- GAA – Russell Rovers
- Ballycotton cliff walk, offers stunning view, and there have been many sightings of bottlenose dolphin and minke whales.
- Ballycotton Lighthouse boat tours, where you can go onto the island and go to the top of the lighthouse
- Fr. Troy Park, is right next to the Centre and is beautiful for picnics with the kids, and a nice stroll.
- Garden in the Bayview hotel, overlooks the harbor in Ballycotton and fishing fleet, and Ballycotton Pier is a well known spot for fishing.
- Castlemartyr golf resort
- Ballynamona beach – popular for horse riding and windsurfing