Description: Smooth and soft, with a calming floral note, this exceptional lavender is grown in the Bulgarian lavender valleys of Kazanlak, renowned for some of the finest oil-yielding plants in the world. Perhaps the most versatile of essential oils, lavender can promote both restfulness and vitality, depending on when and how it is used.
- Simple inhalation: Apply 1-2 drops of oil to the palms, rub together gently and inhale deeply a few times.
- Sleep: Add 1-2 drops to pillow before bed, positioned where your nose can directly breathe it in. For more troubled sleep, combine with deep breathing exercise. To do this, apply 1-2 drops of oil to the palms & rub together gently. Lay down & close eyes. Breathe normally for a moment. Cup the scented hands, bring to nose & inhale deeply, allowing chest & lower belly to rise. Open palms to breathe out slowly (ideally through mouth). Repeat a few times until satisfied. Focus attention on the breathing & nothing else. Restful sleep is more likely in a total dark room - no candles or mood effects.
- Baths: Add 5-10 drops. To help oils disperse easily, mix the drops with ½ - 1 cup of either full fat milk, sesame oil or a little salt.
- Steam/Compress: Add 10 drops to 100ml water. Soak cloth & wrap on desired area (ideal for bruises, wounds, muscular aches & pains and skin problems). For facia steam add 5 drops to bowl of hot water, cover head with a towel, steam face.
- Massages: Use 3% essential oils to carrier (i.e. 6 drops per 10ml of carrier); for children under 12 halve this amount.