Stuffed Potato Skins And Flat Mushrooms
For the Potatoes
4 large Baking Potatoes
1 tblsp Creme Fraiche
150g Grated Cheddar
2 Scallions thinly sliced
Salt & Pepper
For the Mushrooms
8 large flat Mushrooms
2 Shallots finely diced
2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
1 Courgette cut into ½ cm cubes
1 tblsp chopped Basil
60g Feta Cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Boil the Potatoes in their skins until fully cooked.
2. When cooled slightly, cut in half and scoop out the potato with a spoon.
3. Mash the scooped out potato flesh with a fork.
4. Add seasoning, Crème Fraiche, Cheese and Scallion.
5. Spoon the mixture back into the Potato skins and put aside.
6. Take the stalks out of the Mushrooms and place the mushroom tops (dark side up); season well.
7. In a pan melt the Butter, add the Shallots, Garlic and Courgettes.
8. Sweat off for around 2 minutes, just enough to tenderize the vegetables. Season well.
9. Remove from the heat and add Basil.
10. Spoon the mixture into Mushroom caps and crumble Feta Cheese on top.
11. Place both Potatoes and Mushrooms on the top rack of your BBQ long enough to glaze.
Fred’s Top Tip: If the elements go against you and the rain hampers your BBQ plans, both the potato skins and stuffed mushrooms can also be cooked indoors under your grill and make for delicious side dishes with any meat, particularly a succulent roast chicken!