Blackened Twice Cooked Pork Belly
- 2 tblsp chopped fresh Rosemary
- Rind and Juice of 2 Lemons
- 3 Bay Leaves (crumbled)
- 2 Tblsp coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Tblsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Tblsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tblsp Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
- 2Kg Boneless Pork Belly (Skin Removed)
For the glaze:
- 6 Tblsp Ketchup
- 2 Tblsp Worcester Sauce
- 2 Tblsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tblsp Honey
- 1 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tblsp White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tblsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tblsp Chopped fresh Thyme
- 1 Tblsp Ground Cumin
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C
2. Place Rosemary, Lemon zest, Bay leaves, Salt, Chilli flakes, Fennel seeds and Peppercorns in a food processor and blitz for 1 minute.
3. Add the Oil to form a paste.
4. Rub the paste into the Pork.
5. Place in a roasting pan, pour over the Lemon juice and cover. Cook for 2 hours.
6. Allow the meat to cool and then place in a fridge overnight.
FOR THE GLAZE
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Place on a medium heat until the sugar is melted.
3. Cool down and chill for use the following day.
1. Pre-Heat the BBQ
2. Cut the Belly into 2cm thick slices.
3. Brush the Glaze over the sliced Pork.
4. Place on the BBQ, turning frequently for 10-15 minutes until the meat is caramelized and hot in the centre.
Fred’s Top Tip: If you have enough time, allow the glazed slices of pork to rest (either in the fridge or at room temperature) for about 15-20mins before placing on the BBQ to let the flavours of the glaze soak through the meat as much as possible!