Beat the cold weather with wholesome comfort food straight from the Kilkenny Kitchen to yours.
Our chefs specialize in creating food from scratch that is hearty and seasonal in our preservative free kitchen. Head chef Lynn developed this recipe for the perfect vegetarian tortilla using classic complimentary flavours: tomato, basil and goat’s cheese inspired by the Italian kitchen. Packed with protein, this tortilla will make for a hearty family dinner or a lovely weekend lunch to keep you fuller for longer.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy to make yet looks very impressive when it comes out of the oven in a big beautiful oven dish. Shop our favourite oven dishes here The three key ingredients make the tortilla rich in flavour and a true crowd-pleaser!
Or if you’re not so in to cooking you can always try the recipe in our Nassau Street Restaurant. Find booking information and opening hours here
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 Spanish onion. Thinly sliced
- 1 Cloves of garlic. Minced
- 1 diced roasted sweet potato
- 50ml Olive oil
- 75g of goat cheese
- 50g sun-blushed tomato
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil leaves. Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Dice the sweet potato and roast it in an oven tin until baked. (approx. 45 mins)
- Reduce the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius when done.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic. Then, sauté the onions and the minced garlic in a saucepan until they just start to colour. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together and add seasoning to taste. Then add the cooked onion, garlic and sweet potato to the mixture.
- Chop the tomato and basil and add this to the mixture. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tortilla pan (a deep oven dish also works).
- Bake in the oven, Different ovens cook at different temperatures so a guide of 100 degrees Celsius is best practice for approx. 60 min.