Recipe Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, Tomato & Basil Tortilla (V)
Go green with our Vegetarian Tortilla
Packed with protein, this tortilla recipe will make for a wholesome family dinner or a lovely weekend lunch.
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 Spanish onion. Thinly sliced
- 1 Cloves of garlic. Minced
- 1 diced roasted sweet potato
- 50ml Olive oil
- 75g of goat cheese
- 50g sun-blushed tomato
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil leaves. Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Dice the sweet potato and roast it in an oven tin until baked. (approx. 45 mins)
- Reduce the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius when done.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion and mince the garlic. Then, sauté the onions and the minced garlic in a saucepan until they just start to colour. Leave to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together and add seasoning to taste. Then add the cooked onion, garlic and sweet potato to the mixture.
- Chop the tomato and basil and add this to the mixture. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tortilla pan (a deep oven dish also works).
- Bake in the oven, Different ovens cook at different temperatures so a guide of 100 degrees Celsius is best practice for approx. 60 min.