Asparagus, Egg and Grilled Feta Salad Recipe (V)
A green salad for a healthy lunch! Start anew, create healthy habits and routines with this asparagus, egg and grilled feta salad. This yummy recipe has been brought to you from the Kilkenny Café team. Enjoy!
5 Anchovy fillets
Juice + zest of ½ lemon
80 ml Olive Oil
200 g Feta cheese slices
1 ½ tsp Chilli flakes
1 ½ tsp fresh Thyme leaves
2 bunches of Asparagus, shaved using a vegetable peeler
4 baby gems (leaves separated)
4 Spring Onions finely chopped
4 Eggs chopped
75g Walnut pieces lightly toasted
1. To make the dressing, place the anchovies, lemon juice and zest and olive oil in a food processor and blitz till reasonably smooth. Season and set aside.
2. Place the sliced feta on a board and sprinkle over the chilli flakes, pressing lightly. Turn the feta and repeat on the other side with thyme.
3. Place the asparagus shavings into a saucepan of cold water. Bring quickly to the boil and cool down under running cold water immediately.
4. Place asparagus, lettuce and spring onions in a salad bowl and toss with the pre-prepared dressing. Divide between four bowls.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Cook feta turning after 2 minutes. Place on the salads along with the eggs and walnuts and devour!